Types of Sexual Harassment that Women Should Know – Sexual harassment is not just about sex. At the heart of the problem is the abuse of power or authority, even though the abuser may try to convince the victim and himself that his abusive behavior is actually sexual attraction and romantic desire. Most sexual harassment is perpetrated by men against women. However, there are also cases of harassment of women against men, and also with the same sex (both men and women).
Types of sexual harassment
According to the category, sexual harassment is divided into 5 types, namely:
- Gender harassment: Sexist statements and behavior that insult or demean women. Examples include derogatory comments, images or text that demean women, obscene jokes or humor about sex or women in general.
- Seductive behavior: Sexual behavior that is offensive, inappropriate, and unwanted. Examples include repeated unwanted sexual advances, insisting on dinner, drinks, or dates, sending letters and phone calls incessantly despite being rejected, and other invitation
ALSO READ : Manage Bankroll in Playing Online Slot Gambling
- Sexual bribery: Requests for sexual activity or other sex-related behavior with the promise of reward. Plans may be overt or subtle.
- Sexual coercion: Coercion of sexual activity or other sex-related behavior under the threat of punishment. Examples include negative job evaluations, revocation of job promotions, and death threats.
- Sexual misconduct: Serious sexual misconduct (such as touching, feeling, or forcibly grabbing) or sexual assault.